Monday 19 March 2012

Mother's Day Card

I made this year's Mother's Day card using the wonderful template from Crafting Paradise designed by the very clever Sara - please go and check out the site and come and join us for lots of crafty fun!

I printed out the template onto white pearlescent cardstock and added the purple/pink colour with my Lumiere Paints and the letters are painted with a gold one.   It's really hard to see the shimmery effect on a photo but it does look lovely when it catches the light I promise!  I added some tiny stamps and just added glossy accents to them and a little glitter glue to the ones on the actual letters, I didn't want to overdo the decoration on this because sometimes I can't seem to stop decorating!  There is a gorgeous little box to make for the card to 'concertina' up and fit inside but as I wanted to add some chocs I made a larger box so there would be room for them and to make it into a card and a gift all in one!  The box is just some pink cardstock I already had and embellished with the little stamps.




  

2 comments:

lainey said...

Love the bright zingy colours Sally, it's a really fab template!! lainey x

Sally said...

Thank you Lainey x