Thursday 18 December 2008

Christmas is coming!

Well, I finally finished making all my Christmas cards and got them in the post! What a marathon that was but I did enjoy it all the same. Lets just hope that the recipients like their cards.

If you've never checked out the Time for Crafting website (http://www.timeforcrafting.co.uk/) then I suggest you give it a look. Sara has created a fantastic website for crafty people and we also have an online magazine which you have to subscribe to but it is very reasonable and you get some great templates and inspiration.

This is a card I made for my recently married cousin and her husband for their first christmas together. I used the template from TFC and cut it on my Craftrobo (Sara provides both craft robo and ordinary pdf templates). It is a beautiful concertina card and in real life is very sparkly but it is difficult to see on the photo. I put it through my cuttlebug to get the snowflake embossing and then swiped it all over with versamark and then sprinkled holographic embossing powder over it and heated to get the twinkly, snowy effect which came out quite well, you may be able to see it a bit better on the second photo. I added a bit of interest using my gorgeous Lumiere paints and then some blue glitter glue on the top edges of the letters.




I have no idea when I shall get to post again but I am aiming to start putting something on here at least once a week when we get into 2009 - time permitting, lol :) In the meantime, I wish you and yours

A VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS AND A HAPPY NEW YEAR

5 comments:

GraficWorld said...

Hello beautiful your jobs ..
Dual greetings.

Anne said...

Fab card Sally a very Merry xmas and Happy new year to you too

Rose-Anne said...

I have left you an award on my blog. You don't know me but you inspired me to do cards many months ago and i wanted to acknowledge this. Thank you so much.

Celine said...

MERRY CHRISTMAS SALLY!!
I was so happy to hear from you!
How have you been?
I hope you're doing great and getting ready for Christmas! :)
How is WOW going? What is the name of your server again?
I know I'm now able to connect to some European servers so maybe we could 'meet'?
Take care!

Anonymous said...

Lovely NOEL card! So versatile.

Happy New Year.

xxxxxx