Sunday 11 January 2009

Gothic Arch Challenge


This weeks challenge was 'Grunge'. Not something I'm used to doing so this made it a real challenge for me. I used some fine, corrugated card from the inside of a cracker packet for the background which I dabbed over with some Adirondak Paint Dabbers. It was too dark for my plan so I 'lightened' it up by covering it with a layer of tissue paper which did the trick! Next I used some of Tim Holtz' grungeboard shapes for the door hinges and the skull image which I painted with the dabbers again, highlighting them with some gold also. The wording was inspired by one of my son's books on Pirates which I thought went well with the image I chose, lol. All in all, I am quite pleased with my arch, the first I've done in a while now and can't wait for next Sunday for the next challenge now!

15 comments:

Sandy said...

Wow stunning arch. So brilliant work.

Thanks Sally for playing.

Gayle Page-Robak said...

Terrific grunge arch!

Faye said...

Sally, what a great idea to use the corrugated cardboard. That is just perfect to get the grunge look. Your background color is also just perfect.

vintage wil said...

wonderful arch!

Femmy said...

great arch!!

Anonymous said...

Great idea, love the background

Anonymous said...

Great arch

Anonymous said...

Excellent and how inspired to use the corrugated board too!

xxxxxx

Lynn Stevens said...

Very Grungy, way cool.

Virginia said...

Wonderful arch.

Willy said...

Great grunge arch, Sally!

Ginger said...

Wonderful arch ,I sure like getting ideas from all of you and what you did with this theme was so clever,Fantastic!

Sija said...

WOnderful arch.

Mary-Beth said...

Very cool arch with the cardboard and grungeboard!!!!

~*~Patty S said...

Cool grunge arch!