Wednesday 2 April 2008

Gothic Arch Challenge


Its Gothic Arch time again and this weeks theme 'Asian' was set by Linda M. Now I really love the oriental style and thought that this challenge would be a doddle but no, I just couldn't get the look I wanted at all! I tried two or three different designs before finally settling on this one. Although you can't see it very clearly the background was stamped with a large cherry blossom stamp using versamark ink and then heat embossing with clear embossing powder, then I dabbed a couple of shades of blue ink over it and when dry, buffed the image so the image stood out glossy white against the blue shades. The beautiful girl is an image I found on the internet one night and the wording I did on the computer. I finished it off with a small panel which shows the same design as the background stamp I used. At first I felt it might be a bit sparse but the more I look at it the more I like it as it is, it shows the beauty of the geisha as she sits in contemplation! Hope you like it people :)

12 comments:

Sandy said...

Wow what for a wonderful arch. Really gorgeous. Great image.

Linda Vincent said...

I think its beautiful. She looks like she's dreaming about something.
x

Anne said...

Love it Sally love the image

Janny said...

Really beautiful Arch, the shades of blue!

Hermine said...

Beautiful, love the image and colours.

Celine said...

*sigh*
I love it Sally! I love how the Geisha is kind of looking at us and you can ponder about she's actually thinking!
Great work once again!

Anonymous said...

She's a beauty and your background is lovely. Lovely soft mood to this piece.

xxxxxxxxxxxx

Lin said...

This arch is just beautiful.

Wiggles Towers said...

This is stunning xx

Femmy said...

beautiful, love the soft look of this!!!

Vintage Papers said...

she is fabulous! what a beautiful geisha and arch! love the color!

Karen Owen said...

Very pretty!