Saturday 29 March 2008

Fab Friday ATC Challenge


This time Leonie has set the challenge theme as 'A small thing of greatness'. Her ATC on this theme is absolutely wonderful and started me thinking about people who really make a difference! With this in mind I thought about all the people who have inspired me and who have actually 'made a difference' and I came up with Sir David Attenborough who is a truly remarkable man in my opinion. I wanted some words which summed him up and were along the lines of the theme so I hunted through some books until I came up with a quote by the polish-born american writer and humorist, Leo Rostin.


The purpose of life is to matter - to count,

to stand for something, to have it make

some difference that we lived at all.


I feel that these words really fit the man and the theme. I have kept with the sepia/vintage colouring as I am really enjoying using these colours at the moment. I printed the verse using an old-style typewriter font onto plain paper, tore round the edges and inked them with brown ink. Although it is difficult to see, there is a strip of torn paper down the right hand of the atc which has an acetate overlay of a watch. I found a photo of Sir David by googling him and again, I tore around the edge and inked it with brown. After I stuck everything down I went all around the atc with the same brown to give it an aged look.

6 comments:

Celine said...

Gorgeous! I really, really love this one!
You're so talented and inspired Sally!
Looking at your creations definitely makes want to try craft and scrapbooking! :)mty

Leonie pujol said...

Fantastic as usual Sally, and the words you have choosen are great, and definately suit Sir David. Isn't it great looking through all old books and text to find the right words - you find so many others on the way.
xxx
Leonie

Anonymous said...

Blimey, you fitted a lot on there and a well chosen icon too.

xxxxxxxxx

sharon said...

Great ATC Sally. Again I love the colours. Funny I have chosen similar colours again this week for mine. We must all be in a nostalgic mood!
Sharon
x

Celine said...

Email sent! :)

daisy said...

Wonderful quote Sally.

This was such a great theme from Leonie - certainly got us all thinking :o)