Friday 14 March 2008

Anniversary Card



Just finished a bookatrix Anniversary Card for our neighbours, it came out very well and they loved it, thank goodness LOL. The only problem I had was putting it in the box, the card ended up deeper than the box so I had to add some inserts to the box to make it deeper for the card!
I used my Cuttlebug to cut the letters out of some lovely red holographic card and then did a few flowers too just to decorate. The only problem I have with the letters is how to stick them on! In the end I ran them through my Xyron 250 but it did leave slightly sticky edges so to get round that I sprinkled over some clear glitter which looked great as well as eliminating the sticky areas. I also used my Cuttlebug to emboss the flower pattern on the top pages and I gently chalked over the flowers just to make them stand out a bit more. The little flowers came from my local stationers (bit of luck spotting them) and the rest was just bits and pieces I had in my stash! All in all, this is probably the best bookatrix I have managed so its obviously true, the more you do, the better you get LOL

3 comments:

Crafting Queen said...

Great card and box and well done for getting around your little problem with the box! Thanks for your comment on my blog.

Anne said...

wow Sally youve been busy love the cards

Anonymous said...

That was a labour of love - they must have been trhilled.

xxxxxxxxxxx