Wednesday 26 March 2008

Gothic Arch Challenge


This weeks theme was 'Heritage'. I used a piece of background paper from a Vintage Memories book, rubbed the edges with a nail file and then inked them, I also repeat stamped a leaf stamp all over in a medium brown. The photograph is one of my great-grandparents taken in the late 60's I think! which I have ripped and then inked around the edges to give a feeling of age. The wording was done on the computer and again, ripped and inked to age it. The big H is a wooden one which I just inked over with a couple of different shades of brown. I enjoyed this theme and it was nice to have an opportunity to look through some old photo's (for which I must make some scrapbook pages) which haven't seen the light of day for a while!

9 comments:

Anne said...

anothe great one Sally

Anonymous said...

Beautiful arch.

Debby said...

Sally this is very nice.
Debby

anne said...

Lovely Arch Sally. Nice colours

Sandy said...

Wow fantastic arch. Great work.

Celine said...

I love it Sally!
This one is my favorite by far!!
Way to go! :)

Anonymous said...

Lovely piece, the time and thought you put into it paid off. Great looking through old photographs isn't it?

xxxxxxxxx

Vintage Papers said...

love the sepia tones and vintage look! beautiful!

Judy said...

What a wonderful arch, Sally, fantastic effect with the 'distressing' and sepia tones!
JudyNZ