Thursday 13 March 2008

Arty Girlz Challenge


This weeks Arty Girlz challenge was 'Stars' which could be interpreted either as star shapes or something to do with film stars. I went for star shapes and made a Thank You card based on the spring-up card idea which I have been using for this year's Easter Cards.
I cut out a selection of stars from plain gold and holographic gold card and layered them onto the black base card. I used the computer to print out the message and I twiddled gold wire round a pen to make the spring onto which I stuck a couple of gold star gems back to back. I also added a few beads to the top star for added interest. I am going to send this to my best friend who is always there for me when I need her! This challenge was great fun and I enjoyed it very much, thank you Arty Girlz.

7 comments:

Julie Allain said...

Oh Sally this is brilliant I love it!!

Thanks for joining in with Arty Girlz :) xx

Andrea, said...

Fab card, I love the star on the wire, great idea

Barbara Hagerty said...

I LOVE your card! Everything about it is fabulous!!

Crissi Harvey said...

Great work sally looks really effective and i love the springie wire star.

Thanks for joining in with the Arty Girlz challenge.

crissi xx

Jeannette said...

I see your your usual self Sally, great job. Love the Spring Star. As you can see I'm doing some catch up, lots actually.

Beth said...

This is so cool! I love all the stars with the sentiment - brilliant!

Emma said...

Wow, gorgeous card, great design.