Saturday 22 March 2008

Fab Friday ATC Challenge


This week Leonie set the theme of 'Time'. Mine is probably a bit predictable but as soon as I saw the theme I knew exactly what I was going to do. A while ago I bought some gorgeous Chapel Road Art Stamps from Canada. The one I used is from the set called 'Rock Artishapes' and I stamped it onto gold card four times but completely off-centre each time so you get the whole stamp but broken into section. I stamped it once more onto cream hammered card and cut out the clock face and the wording. I edged the clockface with a dark brown inkpad to lift it into the foreground. I then used some wings which I stuck behind the wording to portray the image that 'time flies'. The wings came from a download from the Enchanted Garden download from Prima Hybrid which I made smaller using Serif PagePlus (my favourite dtp program). I am pleased with the final effect and happy that the colours are how I hoped they would be.

6 comments:

sharon said...

I really like your ATC Sally. I like how you've used the butterfly wings. They look so realistic.
xx

Linda Vincent said...

Thats a great ACT Sally. Love the 3D effect.
Linda x

Anonymous said...

I'd be happy with it too - it's perfick! Lovely effect with that background stamp and I like the way you've used it.

The clock looks good mounted like that too.

xxx

Celine said...

I love it Sally! It really calls out to me, making me reflecting on how time flies by!
Great work Sal, as always! :)

Leonie pujol said...

I love it Sally, really up my street (love the other cards above it as well!!).
It looks really textured. Brill.
xxxx
Leonie

Rosie said...

LOVE it! Love the vintage look and sublety of it.