Wednesday 16 January 2008

Alchohol Inks and Shrink Plastic

As the title suggests, I have been playing with shrink plastic today and because I messed up a large piece with a stamped image which 'skidded' I decided to play with my alchohol inks as well because I wouldn't be wasting any more of the shrink plastic. Well, it was certainly worthwhile, I got some lovely effects. I put drops of different coloured inks onto the plastic and left it to dry, it looked like this :-

I then cut off the rough edges and cut it into two rectangles which I then shrunk.



Then I added crystal lacquer to them and added beads to one and glitter to the other.




I am really pleased with the results and will use them for embellishments on cards. Its also a great way to use 'wasted' pieces of shrink plastic which you might normally just throw away.

1 comment:

Paula J Atkinson said...

These are really pretty.