Sunday 14 October 2007

Birthday Card

Today I have been making a card for my friend to give to her Mum for her 65th birthday next week. It took me a while to figure out what design to do, the only brief I had was that it had to have 'Happy 65th Birthday' on the front with either poppies, snowdrops or primroses. After searching through my Joanna Sheen CD's I plumped for snowdrops.
I made the card base with 350g white pearlescent card and then used the Glitter Girls board (the pale green one - can't remember which one that is!) to emboss some more card which I then cut on the embossing lines to create layers. Before fixing the top for the card I added a piece of gold and white ribbon. I did a little decoupage to the picture of the basket of snowdrops, added a little gold tag with a rub-on for 'Mum'. I layered this up and fixed with silicone glue. I printed out the wording in grey onto pearlescent paper, went over with with a versamark pen and then embossed it in gold, layered it in the same way as the topper and fixed using silicone glue. I then made the box using my Ultimate from Crafters Companion (so incredibly useful) and decorated it to match the card. I am pleased with the result and I really hope my friend likes it. She won't be collecting it until next week so you are all getting a sneak preview - lol.

4 comments:

Jeannette said...

Sally that is beautiful, I love it, and the box is stunning.
When are you going to link your profile?

loublou said...

Gorgous cards sally, and i agree the box is just STUNNING !!! xx lou

Crissi Harvey said...

beautiful card and yep the box is fab

Deb said...

Beautiful cards, love that coffee ribbon!